We read...

To know we are not alone. ~C.S. Lewis~

Monday, February 8, 2010

too many books, so little time

Musing Mondays button

hosted by Becca of Just One More Page. Pop over and read lots of interesting comments & post your own.

This week: Do you frequently read more than one book at a time? Do you try to limit this to a certain number? Do you have different books for different purposes/topics?

I am a dyed-in-the-wool read one book at a time fan. I like to immerse myself completely, no distractions or characterisations blending into one another, no getting storylines mixed up…you get the picture. Alas my total devotion to one book and one book only has gone by the wayside.

I usually have a book club book going at the same time as one (or two) from Mt TBR. Too many books not enough time-before-I-turn-out-the light sums up my abandonment of my preferred reading habit.

4 comments:

Rebecca Johnson said...

I say we run away with from it all. To a place with a fantastic library.

caite said...

I try to have only one active book..but I always have a few semi-inactive books waiting on the sidelines, begging not to be totally abandoned.

Nise' said...

I am going with you and Rebecca!

Lori said...

Ahh..me too, one book at a time.