We read...

To know we are not alone. ~C.S. Lewis~

Saturday, April 3, 2010

confessions of an ersatz blogger

Yes that’s right I confess there’s not much original thought going on at WeRead. I copy format, layout, even tone in an effort to fit in to the blogosphere, because I really like it it here. I came back all enthusiastic after the Christmas break and then I went back to work everything started back & BAM the old not-enough-time-thing cut into my blogging…plus after such a long break away from blogging I didn’t/don't know how to return.

Especially as my return may well be short-lived. I just can’t seem to juggle all the things I must do to leave room for all the things I like to do, I take my hat off to all you regular bloggers with original, creative ideas (who I admire & copy like crazy). I’m convalescing atm and under doctor’s orders to do nothing strenuous. He even underlined housework as strenuous AND warned MGM to enforce the ‘do nothing’ rule (I love my doctor). So I have a small window of blog time, which I’m going to devote to recording the books I’ve read this year.

I realise now that I can’t remember all that I’ve read this year... f.r.u.s.t.r.a.t.i.n.g!
humph…that’s why I started this blog in the first place!

I don’t know what I’m going to do with Friday Firsts – I’ve missed ANOTHER first Friday (how could it be four already that I’ve missed!) I’m just going to rack my brain for books I’ve read and if I can do more I’ll be overjoyed (& shocked). If that’s all I can do well... life’s too short to sweat the small stuff.

1 comment:

Nise' said...

Hope the convalescing continues to go well. Don't sweat the small stuff!