We read...

To know we are not alone. ~C.S. Lewis~

Thursday, January 22, 2009

disaster

I've lost my book...I hate that.

This happens semi regularly my family is well familiar with the vexed cry, 'where's my book?', sometimes substituted with, 'where's my glasses?' Book & glasses go everywhere I go just in case I get a minute to read but that means they are often abandoned as I am distracted by quotidian domestic duties.

Mum's rule of finding lost things was "go back to the last time you can remember having it and re-trace your steps" but the last time I had it was down the street...somewhere, in some shop there is a shop assistant looking at my book, admiring my beaded bookmark and wondering where the lost property bin is.

I don't know which is worse my book in the hands of strangers or all my characters in suspended animation till I can find them.

No comments: