We read...

To know we are not alone. ~C.S. Lewis~

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

hosted by MizB @ Should be Reading.
* Grab your current read & let it fall open.
* Share 2 “teaser” sentences, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
* Share the title of the book… remember...
**************************avoid spoilers please****************************

Mel is a strong 16 year old fleeing from schoolyard tormentors…

Cars stop for me at the Salisbury Road crossing, and I almost cry with gratitude. It feels as if the drivers are being incredibly kind to me, as if they know my leg and head are stinging from the stones and my knees are wobbling, and they’re stopping to help me escape, and maybe block the way if Brenner comes after me again.

p12 The Best Thing,  as always Margo Lanagan is outstanding.

No comments: