We read...

To know we are not alone. ~C.S. Lewis~

Friday, July 17, 2009

I know it’s Friday but…

BTT is a long running bookish meme. To join in pop over and read the 100's of interesting comments.

Following up from last week’s question ...Do you keep all your unread books together, like books in a waiting room? Or are they scattered throughout your shelves, mingling like party-goers waiting for the host to come along?

So I’m late…again…but to be fair I thought it was Thursday! As you can see from last weeks BBT post my bedroom is also my TBR waiting-room. New books arrive and usually go to the top of the pile on my bedside bookshelf, often pushing one/some off the bottom and onto a shelf further away, but still insight of my bed.

This is called, in my own twisted way, moving to the back of the bus. Sometimes I feel sorry for those moved to the back of the bus and sometimes I’ll retrieve one for reading purely on the basis that it was once a treasure.

Since I’ve been slack in the looking for work department my book buying has slowed down (a bit, really it has, honest) so I haven’t moved any to the back of the bus for a while. Also, since I finished uni, I’ve been reading off the ‘one-day-books’ pile, so it’s easy to keep all my unreads in my bedroom the problem is the shelves that they move to once read are chockers and MGM has vetoed new shelves!

2 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

I like my books mixed and I can find my books easily enough!

TBR: mixed reactions?

Rebecca Johnson said...

oooh, now your bus comment makes more sense, hehe.

I think it's mean that MGM has vetoed new shelves. I say we lock him and my mum in the furniture store until they change their minds.