Musing Monday is hosted by Becca of Just One More Page. Pop over and read lots of interesting comments & post your own. This week book-blogger Becca asks ...This week Bower-bird Becca has a library meme courtesy of MizB:
Library Habits meme:
1) If you don't frequent your local library, why not? Don’t get me started…It gives me the irrits, there’s never the book I want, or it it says it’s in I can’t find it because as Becca says, the shelves leave a lot to be desired, the general ethos is off-putting which is annoying cause I love libraries (mostly) and I really WANT to like my local but there you go my standars are too lofty I guess.
2) If you do visit the library, how often do you go?
3) Do you have a favourite section that you always head to first, or do you just randomly peruse the shelves? I usually have something specific in mind if I’m there so that determines where I head first.
4) How many books are you allowed to check out at one time? Do you take advantage of this? See Becca’s notes
5) How long are you allowed to have the books checked out? See Becca’s notes
6) How many times are you allowed to renew your check-outs, if at all? again Becca
7) What do you love best about your particular library? That Becca loves it with such a passion.
8) What is one thing you wish your library did differently? I wish the staff took more pride in their work.
9) Do you request your books via an online catalogue, or through the librarian at your branch? Once upon a time we had a great branch librarian but that branch had to go now I don’t know where she is so I go elsewhere for books.
10) Have you ever chosen a book on impulse (from the online catalogue OR the shelves) and had it turn out to be totally amazing? If so, what book was it, and why did you love it? As I don’t do impulsive well ride along on Becca’s coat tails, she knows what I like and passes all her great finds off to me (lucky I know). I just don’t have the time to speculate and my TBR is so HUGE I can happily work with what I’ve got.