We read...

To know we are not alone. ~C.S. Lewis~

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I love this meme hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page. Pop over to The Printed Page to view some gorgeous artwork.

 


I’m having a bit of a Girl with the Pearl Earring week this week. It popped up on Tuesday for my teaser and here it is again for my cover attraction.

girl-with-a-pearl-earringDon’t those eyes just draw you in and say ‘I’m here in this book – let me show you…’ According to the  Girl with a pearl Earring website Chevailer had a print of Vermeer’s painting in her bedroom and those eyes said to her ‘this is my story, tell it’. Vermeer’s art features in Chevalier’s story & even though I’m not very far into it yet but I can already recognise the scene of Delft as Chevalier described it and Vermeer painted it in View of Delft (also featured on the cover) and Griet’s every day head-dress (not the one she’s wearing here)  in Young Woman with a Water Pitcher.

AND I love the way Chevalier drops us into the story as The Woman with a Pearl Necklace is being developed by Vermeer.

No comments: