We read...

To know we are not alone. ~C.S. Lewis~

Monday, October 5, 2009

If wishes were horses, poor men would ride

I love that expression. It speaks to the need to actually do something rather than just wishing for it to happen. Last week’s MM was about wish-lists, and after reading all the MM comments I have done something by developing my own wish-list...pay attention family...

Saved on my c drive – there for all my family to read – is a new folder called 'Mum's wish-list'. In this folder I'm saving pics of books I come across whilst blog-lurking & bookshop/library travelling. One idea I got from reading last week's MM responses was to add notes referring me to how/where I found any book that goes into my wish-list (eg Matt led me to Rose Variations by Marisha Chamberlain through a FF comment).

I have an idea for a master spreadsheet fermenting in the cooking pot of my mind. It would bring my ‘TBR’, and my TBP (To be purchased) together. If I add my ‘have read’, ‘reviewed’, ‘TB reviewed’ I’ll have everything all in the one place – it has potential doesn’t it…

I started this blog with the idea of keeping track of what I’ve read and what I want to read and now I have a list purpose-built for taking to the bookshop/attaching to the fridge come present time too (I’m not so naive as to think my family will actually check my c drive!). Blogging is unexpectedly helping me to get one area of my life under control and, in the chaos that is my life, some measure of control is very satisfying.

No comments: