We read...

To know we are not alone. ~C.S. Lewis~

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I love this meme hosted by Marcia at the Printed Page celebrating the artistry of book covers. Pop over to The Printed Page and have a look at a selection of wonderful artwork that motivates our book choices (like we need any encouragement). Join in by leaving a link to your Cover Attraction or just leave it here if you’d rather. If you like my button please feel free to copy and paste it into your own post.

This week my cover attraction is a book I bought at the airport (yes I know risky) the purchase of which was based purely on the cover. I ended up giving it to my son when I realised I had souvenirs for everyone but him (bad mother). It was just a short get-away to nowhere exotic and he’s a bookworm too so he didn’t think it at all odd to get a book instead of a Gold Coast key ring. He has that whole new-book-excitement-thing too and, as a bonus, he loved the book. He recommends it as a great short read - he read it on the day he got it in one sitting.

3 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I really enjoyed The Alchemist a lot!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting a Cover Attraction this week. I've always been drawn to this cover. I just love the castle rising up out of the fog.

Jenny Girl said...

I tried his book Brida and was disappointed and confused. But many have liked this one. The cover is beautiful