We read...

To know we are not alone. ~C.S. Lewis~

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

the cutest thing ever!

DSC_0282 This is what my clever children gave me for Mother’s day. It’s a book seat which, as you can see, holds my book for me so I can tuck my arms in under the covers. So I remain toasty warm as the evenings cool down.

And I got the Long Way Around to go in it too. I know my love of books is hidden under a very thin veneer (well not really) bit I still  love it that my kids listen to me and know me well enough to organise this themselves – there was no hinting about this at all.

Clever.

I also got a heap of other stuff, they framed my (disappointingly ordinary) testamur, a yoga mat (pink) and they were all home which I love. they cooked me a yummy dinner (garlic lobster!) and generally spoilt me rotten.

Cool huh.

8 comments:

Robin M said...

Garlic Lobster! Sounds absolutely yummy. The book seat - what a clever idea and smart kids. They know their mom well. :)

Yvette Kelly said...

That is such a nice gift.Looks like you were spoiled rotten.I spent my entire afternoon eating ALL of my chocolates!!

Alaine said...

That's so cool! I knew you must have been an Aussie Book Bloggers as soon as I read, 'starting to cool down'. Glad you had a nice mother's day!

Anonymous said...

Did you say garlic lobster?! That must be a delicious treat! I love your bookish gift as well, and I'll be keeping my eye on one of those!

The Book Resort said...

What a wonderful time you must of had. Ahh, the book seat to read when you are chilled...
Next up a Slanket?

Enjoy, Wendy!

christina said...

Aww, what a thoughtful present the book seat was! :)

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Very cool idea and so thoughtful! They know what mom loves evidently.

Rebecca Johnson said...

You were spoiled! Glad you had a good day - and hey, a yoga mat!